The Benefits of Eating Hearty Porridge.
Last week I gave you the the delicious recipe for one of my favourite breakfasts. Porridge a great reward after an early yoga/meditation practice. Being a comfort food it’s especially good at this time of year, warming the body up before facing the cold day ahead.
Below is a list of benefits of porridge. Come back next week for another yoga breakfast.
Benenfits of Porridge:
- Soluble Fibre Reduces LDL Cholesterol (Bad Cholesterol) without lowering HDL cholesterol (good cholesterol).
- Soluble Fiber balances sugar levels by slowing down the digestion of starch.
- Slow releasing complex carbohydrates stabilize sugar levels hence sustaining energy
- Phytcochemicals found in oats are cancer –fighting.
- Reduces symptoms of IBS
- Can reduce the risk of heart disease as the oats latch on to saturated fat drawing fats out of the body.
- Contains vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin E, Selenium, copper, magnesium and zinc.
Enjoy your Breakfast Yoga. Enjoy your Yoga Breakfast. Move your Body & Free Your Mind.